Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Open Wide and say aaaaaaaaahhhhhh


Are you kidding me? At least he wore a latex glove for protection...
This is my buddy Jim doing what he does best. Defying Death. He is so attuned to the hundreds of gators here that it's eerie. I'll pass on the hand feeding of 12 foot gators, thank you very much. I'm brave... but really.
The St. Augustine Alligator Farm and Zoological Park in St. Augustine, Florida is a sheer delight. One of the finest animal sites I have ever visited. They hold the rare distinction of exhibiting every known species of the 23 crocodilians in existence. They even have white albino alligators and the ferocious saltwater crocodile, Maximo weighing in at 1250 pounds and stretching to over 15 feet.
Of course, my favorite shows are the feedings but they also have fantastic birds including a great vulture display and a world famous rookery where you can take photographs of nesting birds only inches away. Giant Galapagos tortoises, monkeys and emus. The list goes on and on. I appreciate that they continuously upgrade and improve this already wonderful place. The St. Augustine Alligator Farm and Zoological Park is one of my favorite stops in St. Augustine. This is a can't miss in Florida.

No comments: