Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Oh say can you see?



I cried... I didn't intend it...I wasn't expecting it. But I did. It got to me.

The multi-media Show at the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is called "Freedom Rising" and is one of the most powerful experiences I've had at an attraction.

While you sit in a modern theatre-in-the-round a live narrator combined with music and images explains the story of America. It's triumphs and tragedies. It's struggles and shining moments. How the Constitution has pulled citizens together as one nation and divided them at times. "We the People" comes to life in a crescendo of emotion. Then you walk out to the interactive areas to participate and learn more. I truly enjoyed the Founder's Hall and original documents here but what got to me was the end of the show "Freedom Rising". After immersing ourselves in the grand story of America's history and the people who sacrificed so much along the way, the narrator looked right at me, pointed and said, "Now it's up to you." ...that's when I cried.

No comments: