Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Shuttle launches dwindling


Just got reminded that the Kennedy Space Center Complex in Florida has only 14 more shuttles scheduled to launch before retiring in 2010. Better see one while you still can! The next one is scheduled for October 23rd.
Also got word about some very cool military aeriel demonstrations scheduled there in November. They are part of the 50 year celebration of space by the World Space Expo. The U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds and the U.S. Army Golden Knights Parachute teams will be there along with demo's of other great aircaft.

1 comment:

Rainer Gerhards said...

Hi, I've been at the STS-120 launch and it was an awesome experience. I highly recommend trying to see it at least once in the remaining spots. I've blogged about the launch experience in my space blog - I think you'll find a lot of useful information in there.

As a side-note, I do not think it is very wise to retire the shuttle fleet before their successor is ready (and, yes, I've written a bit about this, too ;)).